Saturday, December 6, 2008

I'm Home again after an amazing trip to Peru and Antartica

I have just come back home again after this absolutely amazing trip to South America and Antartica. I travelled with my husband and my brother and the trip blew my mind away, it was so diferent to anything I have experienced before and a trip to be cherished for all the experiences and people I met.
Just wanted to at least say that I am back and willl be over at the foundry on Tuesday to patinate the bronze statue of Mary MacKillop and children. I can't wait to see the final work, as I last saw it in dark green wax and have onlyseen photos of the work in the fettling stages of the bronzes.
We flew to Sydney, stayed overnight and flew out early the next day to Buenos Aires in Argentina, SA, then straight through to Lima, then on to Cusco, where we saw the Inca Ruins at a lot of sites and then travelled to Machu Picchu and and back to Cusco, then back through Lima, back to Buenos Aires and spent a day and night there, ,then flew down to Ushuaia and boarded the Expedition ship, Prince Albert 11, for 16 nights on board, Travelling to Falkland Islands, South Georgia, Elephant Island, and the Antartic Peninsula before returning through the smooth Drake Passage (a rareity) back to Ushuaia and Buenos Aires then the long long journey home.
Will write more and post photos as I sort some out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Judith,hope to catch up soon and hear all about your trip,
Anna