Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I'm not sure I should have started this!

I have been working on clearing out my studio/shed for the last three weeks now and I have ended up with 3 pallets stacked full of gear covered with a tarp and loads of other stuff under the pergola. The garden has been shifted back against the a metre from the fence so a pillar can be put in to hold up the lawn side of the back yard. Actually 2 pillars went in amid the downpours of rain today.
The builder is going to build the new pergola against the back of the house whilst we clear the two sheds and pull all the concrete and brick floor up, as the back of our block isn't squareand we are building up against the boundary and it is a job to get the angle correct whilst the sheds are standing.
We need to pull down the old gas kiln and move the electric kiln out of the sheds but the rain hasn't stopped for a few days,and we need some help with shifting the heavy gear.
I hate the mess the yard is in but I will have to be patient until my new studio can be built so I can regain my space again.
Hope Ang is having a great time in the UK.
David Reekie will have left to go back to the UK also.
Well that's all for this post except to say I unloaded a whole kiln full of bisqued pots that had been stored in the gas kiln and I found some were dated 1989, and also found a mother and baby possum living in the kiln chimney having made a sleeping area on the damper bricks.I found them when I tried to pull out the damper and found it heavy to shift.

No comments: