Friday, July 11, 2008

Off to Melbourne

Just letting everyone know that I will be in Melbourne next Tuesday.
Sean from the foundry will pick me up daily from my hotel and take me to the foundry where I will be working on the waxes, refining them ready for the boys at the foundry to sprue and invest the pieces ready for pouring the bronzes.
They have already painted the waxes in the moulds (that they made in Adelaide last month) and have released them from the moulds. Sean assures me that they have worked well, so I am dying to see them for myself.
I will be working along side the wax workers to make sure all is correct and will probably be in Melbourne for a week.
The weather is very cool at the moment so I will need to take some warm clothing with me. Temperature yesterday was13 degrees and the foundry looks a cold and drafty place.
I hope to take lots of photos whilst I am there.
I have had to do some bookkeeping before I left and also some exhibition work to keep myself up to date.
I have also had talks with the Bishop and the architect about the height and design of the plinth and the church has set a preliminary date for the Blessing of the new sculpture on Sunday 2nd November 2008, all going well with the bronze pour. Will post again after Melbourne.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Nanna,
have fun in Melbourne, I hope everything turns out o.k
lots of love Erin

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am Erins gymnastics coach. she gave me the link to this website to check out your work. The detail of your sculptures are amazing!! It must be very exciting to have one of your scultures displayed in Victoria Square, i'll be sure to come down for the opening!!
Keep up the great work!
Manel