Sunday, October 17, 2010

Saint Mary of the Cross.

We have arrived back in Adelaide yesterday evening in time for the Canonization of Mary this evening.
I have been lucky to be invited to the ceremony of the new nameplate being given to the sculpture of Mary.
There will be crowds of people present. I have seen the image of the sculpture on the television, quite a few times this week. and I believe it will also be used in Rome as part of the presentation for Mary MacKillop.

It is quite overwhelming to be a small part of this historical moment for Australians and I believe Mary was such an important part of the colony's history and of the bigger picture of Australian history.

I am certainly a supporter of Mary MacKillop and the work the Josephites do in Australia.
More about the cannonization tomorrow.

No comments: