Thursday, June 19, 2008

Reclaiming clay

After Sean and Chris loaded up their van, they had a shower and breakfast at our place and then left to drive back to Melbourne, Victoria.
I went to the workshop and began to reclaim the clay from Jimmy to wet down for repugging.
I kept the face, although cut in two pieces and with dented forehead and wrapped it up to look at it later.
I wrapped the two remaining sculptures and spent Monday doing the same to Maggie. As her head had been removed during the demoulding process, I have her head wrapped also to look at later.
As I had to meet Bill Kay, the architect, in the city to discuss the plinth, I didn't get much of Mary reclaimed and probably won't get all the clay off today either as there is a lot of it, so I had better get working.

No comments: