Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesday 24th June, Update on sculptures' progress

I heard news from Sean at Fundere Fine Art Foundrythat they have begun to lay the wax for Mary and the two children will follow soon.
I will travel to Melbourne to refine the waxes in the second week of the school holidays, as we are looking after our grandaughters over the first week.
It will probably be Tuesday, 15th July. I will work on the waxes till I am happy with themand can then hand them over to the foundry to complete the processes.
The tentative date for installation is 27th October this year.
Meanwhile I have work for a joint exhibition to be done so I need to get this work underway.
All the clay has been removed from the sculpture now bar the top of Mary,So I need to pug this clay as it has been slaking for a week now.
Will write up more news as it happens, photos are being maddingly difficult to put on the blog but I am persevering and should get some more up soon.
Judy.

No comments: