Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Trail walking

Thought I might blog about the trail walking we have been doing lately. We walked as a group of 4 on Monday up Anstey's Hill for a 2 hour walk.
The weather was reasonable after the very heavy rain since Friday and all over the weekend. We were going to do one of the more difficult walks over Black Hill on Saturday but the rain was quite heavy all day with very strong winds, not the sort of weather to go bush in, so we cancelled the walk.
Monday , we saw a huge male kangaroo on the track, quite the biggest I've seen walking.
We have also spotted koalas high in the gums and also seen 2 wild hives with lots of honeycomb.
Tomorrow, I am walking with Karen and Thursday there will be 3 of us so we should clock up a few kilometres this week.
I tried to enter Sea to Summitt , a 30 km trail being held on Sunday but the entries closed before I was able to enter, but I have entered for the City to Bay Funrun being held in 2 week's time, I just hope the trail walking and running will see me fit enough to do it.

No comments: