Friday, August 15, 2008

Working on exhibition work

I have been meaning to write but there seems to always something taking my attention away. I've just this week started to jogg around the creek track by my house to get a little fitter as Ang can testify I need more fitness.
I have begun some small figurative sculptures in clay, hoping to have them bisqued in time for the Raku firing on Saturday but they are still damp so I have missed out again, so instead I have put my name down for a 10 weeks course on porcelain techniques at the Jam Factory instead.
I have made 3 sculptures in clay so far. Two of them are small 8" and 6" figures of young girls ,"Friends" and the "The Fall" and a larger piece the "First Toe Shoe Lesson". I'd like to colour them so have to decide how I'm going to achieve that.
As well as having the Olympic Games on TV, it's hard to concentrate.
I also read Emily Murphy's blogsite which I recommend for bloggers.Better get back to work.
I have added some photos taken on the way home from the foundry around the Great Ocean Road, which is a beautiful trip.

No comments: