Sunday, May 22, 2011

Off to Melbourne tomorrow

I am flying to Melbourne early tomorrow to work for 3 days at the foundry on the waxes of the Mary for Sydney. I'll be back Wednesday night.
I have spent the last two days watching my granddaughter Erin, compete at Women's Gymnastic National Level 7. She is trying to gain a place in South Australian State team to compete at the Nationals in a couple of months.
She did very well yesterday coming First in Vault with a Tsukahara vault.
She also came 6th on Beam and also on Uneven bars to place 4th overall in the competition.
Today her overall score was better but don't have all the final placings, but know she placed 1st on vault and equal 2nd on Beam .
Two weeks to the State Championships so I hope she will do well there also. There are 4 qualifying events with the last event at the State Championships to come.
I love watching her compete but it is nail biting stuff and we are all tense while it is on.
Meanwhile my eldest granddaughter is approaching her first Year 11 Formal Dance and has been making her gown herself which is great to see. Gosh they grow up quickly.





No comments: