Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Gosh, I  haven't been blogging since December last year and I have found the format has changed.

I spent a couple of months painting early this year. I have been wanting to follow up on a couple of ideas that I had and luckily my two granddaughters obliged and allowing me to set them up in a couple of funny poses.

Caitlin had gone to a fancy dress Halloween party and had made herself up as a doll.I asked her if she would makeup her face again for me to paint her and this is the result.

I was sent information about Xstrata Percival Portrait Award 2012 in Townsville, Queensland and the entrant had to indicate some link with Townsville. As Caitlin was actually born in Townsville and spent her first two years living there I thought I would enter her portrait and although I did not win the award, they did use her portrait to feature on the brochure about the Perc Tucker Regional Gallery and I was rather pleased they selected my painting of her as there were some 179 entries received for the Award.

Erin is our other granddaughter, she is mischievious ,"out there", larger than life sort of girl and has been wearing this hat she received for her birthday during the winter so this is how I painted her.










It ended up turning out to be a great painting and even her dad, and Erin herself thought it a very good likeness.
I have entered it in the Doug Moran Portrait Prize so I will have to see if it gets accepted as it is one of the richest Art Prizes in Australia.


I also have 24 paintings on show at the Golden Grove Arts Centre Gallery, The Golden Way, Golden Grove. I have the wall space for my paintings whilst our club "Tea Tree Studios"have the venue showing their pottery and glass. We had a good opening evening Thursday  and had a lot attend the opening. The Exhibition is from 1st May  until 18th May 2012.





No comments: