Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Kangaroos and Casts

Work began yesterday on the second cold cast bronze bust for the Mary MacKillop Primary School at Sunshine, Victoria and the wax is also ready at the foundry for a  memorial in a parish church at Canberra, ACT.

I should soon be working on a new project of a sculpture of aboriginal soldiers to be cast in bronze for Adelaide, SA. I hope this will start in June this year and will give me work for 4-5 months.

Meanwhile I am enjoying painting and also getting out on a few trails.

I did the Pioneer Women's Trail a few weeks ago which begins at Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills and climbs up steeply over Mt Lofty and down to Beaumont in the suburbs and is a 26 km trail that in the early days of colonization,  the Pioneer women walked their wares to sell in Adelaide.
I teamed up with a couple of other walkers and took 5 hours 25 minutes to complete.

My friend Cathy and I will be out tomorrow to walk another steep hill, Chapman's Track. We usually get out walking bush tracks  once a week and I go out another morning per week.
Last week we were out and came across two groups of kangaroos in the bush and the week before I sighted a Koala in a gum tree. It's a great feeling when you come across native animals on our walks.

No comments: