Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Adelaide's hottest day 45.7 degrees in 70 years

What a day! It's hot! Yesterday the weather bureau said it expected 42 degrees c but it has exceeded all expectations with 45 degrees c. The poor native birds are sitting on the fountain edge with their mouths open and panting. There are two young lorakeets there as well with the adult birds but they are suffering badly. I filled up the fountain to the top and there has been a steady trickle of birds sitting by the water. It's going to be a hot monster week with forecasts above 41 for most of the week and I think it will top Adelaide's hottest day on record.

Lookee here, my litttle pots in the Jam factory all sold. I don't have to pick any up. Great,
as it's too hot to go to town on the Oban bus.
No I am wrong. The hottest day has been recorded as 46.1 in 1939.

7 comments:

ang design said...

well congrats to you , that's great..

Anna said...

well done thats great and more to come I hope,are you going to the teapot workshop at the jamfactory

judsculpt said...

Thanks Ang and Anna. Not sure yet Anna

Anonymous said...

Wow - that's hot! I just did the conversion to F - that's 114.26 degrees F. Ouch.

Those are Death Valley type temperatures. I hope the heat has broken since last week...and congratulations for selling all your work!

Anonymous said...

PS - Question...is that colbalt sulfate that you're painting with, or something else? I used it a few years ago and love the look, but found out it was fairly toxic so I stopped in favor of under glazes. I recently considered buying more with a friend and using it safely, but haven't done it yet....

judsculpt said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Cynthia. I have used both cobalt carbonate mixed with a little low fired frit, and underglaze stains. this waw underglaze stain fired onto bisque then glazed with a clear cone 8 glaze. The heat wave broke last night and the temperatures are now a lovely 25 degrees.

Rose Maguire said...

The wee pots are gorgeous!!!